英国古典文学吧 关注:479贴子:45,813

血字的研究 三 劳瑞斯顿花园街的惨 案 英国 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

只看楼主收藏回复

我同伴的理论的实践性又一次得到了证明。
The practicality of my colleague's theory has once again been proven.
我承认,这确实使我大吃一惊,因此我对他的分析能力也就更加钦佩了。
I admit, this really surprised me, so I admire his analytical ability even more.
但是在我心中仍然潜藏着某些怀疑,唯恐这是他事先布置好的圈套,打算捉弄我一下;至于捉弄我的目的何在,我就不能理解了。
But there is still some suspicion lurking in my heart, afraid that this is a trap he has set up beforehand, intending to play a trick on me; as for the purpose of teasing me, I can't understand.
当我瞧着他的时候,他已读完来信,两眼茫然出神,若有所思。
When I looked at him, he had finished reading the letter and his eyes were lost in thought.


IP属地:天津1楼2023-09-03 17:53回复
    我问道:“你怎么推断出来的呢?”
    How did you infer it? "I asked
    他粗声粗平地问道:“推断什么?”
    He asked in a rough and flat voice, " what is the inference
    “嗯,你怎么知道他是个退伍的海军陆战队的军曹呢?”
    Well, how did you know he was a retired Marine Corps sergeant


    IP属地:天津2楼2023-09-03 19:02
    回复
      “我没有工夫谈这些琐碎的事,”他粗鲁地回答说,然后又微笑着说,“请原谅我的无礼。
      I don't have time to talk about these trivial matters, "he replied rudely, then smiled again," please forgive my rudeness.
      你把我的思路打断了,但这不要紧。
      You interrupted my thoughts, but it doesn't matter.
      那么说,你真的看不出他曾是个海军陆战队的军曹吗?”
      So, can't you really see that he used to be a Marine Corps sergeant
      “真的看不出。”
      I really can't tell


      IP属地:天津3楼2023-09-03 20:22
      回复
        “了解这件事是比较容易的,可是要说明我怎样了解它的,却不是那么简单。
        It is relatively easy to understand this matter, but it is not so simple to explain how I understood it.
        如果要你证明二加二等于四,你不免要觉得有些困难了,然而你却知道这是无可怀疑的事实。
        If you were to prove that two and two make four, you would inevitably find it difficult, but you know this is an undeniable fact.
        我隔着一条街就看见这个人手背上刺着一只蓝色大锚,这是海员的特征。
        I saw this person across the street with a large blue anchor on the back of his hand, which is a characteristic of a sailor.
        况且他的举止又颇有军人品概,留着军人式的络腮胡子;因此,我们就可以说,他是个海军陆战队员。
        Moreover, his behavior is quite military like, with a military like beard so, we can say that he is a Marine.
        他的态度有些自高自大,而且带有一些发号施令的神气。
        His attitude is somewhat arrogant and carries a commanding aura.
        你一定也看到他那副昂首挥杖的姿态了吧。
        You must have seen his posture of waving his cane with his head high.
        从他的外表上看来,他又是一个既稳健而又庄重的中年人——所以根据这些情况,我就相信他当过军曹。”
        From his appearance, he appears to be a middle-aged man who is both steady and dignified - so based on these circumstances, I believe he has served as a military commander


        IP属地:天津4楼2023-09-03 20:53
        回复
          我情不自禁地喊道:“妙极了!”
          I couldn't help but shout, "Wonderful
          “这也平淡无破,”福尔摩斯说。
          This is also plain and unbreakable, "said Holmes.
          但是,从他的脸上的表情看来,我认为他见到我十分惊讶、并且流露出钦佩的神情,他也感到很高兴。
          However, from the expression on his face, I think he was very surprised and showed admiration towards me, and he was also very happy.
          “我刚才还说没有罪犯,看来我是说错了——看看这个!”他说着就把送来的那封短信扔到我的面前。
          I just said there were no criminals, it seems I was wrong - look at this! "he said and threw the text message he had sent in front of me.


          IP属地:天津5楼2023-09-03 21:32
          回复
            “哎呀,”我草草地看了一下,不由地叫了起来,“这真可怕!”
            Oh dear, "I looked hastily and couldn't help
            他很镇静地说:“这件事看来确实不寻常。
            He said calmly, " this matter does seem unusual.
            请你大声地把信给我念一念好吗?”
            Could you please read the letter aloud to me


            IP属地:天津6楼2023-09-03 22:06
            回复
              下面就是我念给他听的那封信:亲爱的福尔摩斯先生:
              Here is the letter I read to him: Dear Mr. Holmes:
              昨夜,在布瑞克斯顿路的尽头、劳瑞斯顿花园街号发生了一件凶杀案。
              Last night, a murder occurred at the end of Brixton Road at Lauriston Garden Street.
              今晨两点钟左右,巡逻警察忽见该处有灯光,因素悉该房无人居住,故而怀疑出了什么差错。
              At around two o'clock this morning, the patrol police suddenly saw lights in the area, and they learned that the room was uninhabited, so they suspected that something had gone wrong.
              该巡警发现房门大开,前室空无一物,中有男尸一具。
              The patrol officer discovered that the door was wide open and the front room was empty, with a male corpse in it.
              该尸衣着齐整,袋中装有名片,上有“伊瑙克··锥伯,美国俄亥俄州J克利夫兰城人”等字样。
              The corpse was neatly dressed, and the bag contained a business card with words such as "Inouk Thimble, from J Cleveland, Ohio, USA" on it.
              既无被抢劫迹象,亦未发现任何能说明致死原因之证据。
              There were no signs of being robbed, and no evidence was found to explain the cause of death.
              屋中虽有几处血迹,但死者身上并无伤痕。
              Although there were several bloodstains in the house, there were no scars on the deceased's body.
              死者如何进入空屋,我们百思莫解,深感此案棘手之至。
              We are puzzled by how the deceased entered the empty house and deeply feel the difficulty of this case.
              至希在十二时以前惠临该处,我将在此恭候。
              I hope to visit this place before twelve o'clock, and I will be waiting here.
              在接奉回示前,现场一切均将保持原状。
              Before receiving the notification, everything on site will remain in its original state.
              如果不能莅临,亦必将详情奉告,倘蒙指教,则不胜感荷之至。
              If you are unable to come, you will also inform us of the details, if you receive guidance, we would greatly appreciate it.
              特白厄斯·葛莱森上
              On Terbius Grayson


              IP属地:天津7楼2023-09-09 10:14
              回复
                我的朋友说道:“葛莱森在伦敦警察厅中不愧是首屈一指的能干人物。
                My friend said: Gleason is undoubtedly one of the most capable figures in the London police department.
                他和雷斯垂德都算是那一群蠢货之中的佼佼者。
                He and Lested are both considered the best of that group of fools.
                他们两人也称得起是眼明手快、机警干练了,但都因循守旧,而且守旧得厉害。
                They can be called quick sighted and shrewd, but they are both conservative and fiercely conservative.
                他们彼此明枪暗箭、勾心斗角,就象两个卖笑妇人似的多猜善妒。
                They shoot and shoot at each other, engage in intrigue, and are jealous of each other like two laughing women.
                如果这两个人都插手这件案子的话,那就一定会闹出笑话来的。”
                If these two people are both involved in this case, they will definitely make a scene of laughter It comes from words


                IP属地:天津8楼2023-09-09 10:40
                回复
                  看到福尔摩斯还在不慌不忙、若无起事地侃侃而谈,我非常惊讶。
                  I was very surprised to see Holmes still talking calmly and without any trouble.
                  因此我大声叫道:“真是一分钟也不能耽误了,要我给你雇辆马车来吗?”
                  So I exclaimed, "I really can't delay you for a minute, do you want me to hire a carriage for you


                  IP属地:天津9楼2023-09-09 10:56
                  回复
                    “连去不去我还没有肯定呢。
                    I'm not even sure if I'll go.
                    我确实是世界上少有的懒鬼,可是,那只是当我的懒劲儿上来的时候才这样,因为有时我也非常敏捷哩。”
                    I'm one of the few lazy people in the world, but that's only when my laziness comes up, because sometimes I'm also very agile
                    “什么?
                    What?
                    这不正是你一直盼望着的机会吗?”
                    Isn't this the opportunity you've been looking forward to ?”


                    IP属地:天津10楼2023-09-09 11:59
                    回复
                      “亲爱的朋友,这和我又有什么关系呢?
                      Dear friend, what does this have to do with me?
                      我如果把这件案子全盘解决了,肯定地说,葛莱森和雷斯垂德这一帮人是会把全部功劳攫为己有的。
                      If I resolve this case in its entirety, it is certain that Grayson and Rested will take all the credit for themselves.
                      这是因为我是个非官方人士的缘故。”
                      This is because I am an unofficial person
                      “但是他现在是求助于你呀。”
                      But he is now turning to you for help


                      IP属地:天津11楼2023-09-09 12:35
                      回复
                        “是的。
                        Yes.
                        他知道我胜他一筹,当我面他也会承认;但是,他宁愿割掉他的舌头,也决不愿在任何第三者的面前承认这一点。
                        He knew I was one step ahead of him, and he would admit it in front of me;however, he would rather cut off his tongue than admit it in front of any third party.
                        虽然如此,咱们还是可以瞧瞧去。
                        Nevertheless, we can still take a look.
                        我可以自己单干,一个人破案。
                        I can work alone and solve the case alone.
                        即使我得不到什么,也可以嘲笑他们一番。 走罢!”
                        Even if I don't get anything, I can mock them. Let's go


                        IP属地:天津12楼2023-09-09 13:28
                        回复
                          他披上大衣,那种匆忙的样子说明他跃跃欲试的心情已压倒了无动于衷和消极冷淡的一面。
                          He put on his coat, and his hurried appearance showed that his eager mood had overwhelmed his indifferent and passive side.
                          他说:“戴上你的帽子。”
                          He said, " put on your hat
                          “你希望我也去吗?”
                          Do you want me to go too
                          “是的,如果你没有别的事情要做的话。”
                          Yes, if you have nothing else to do. "
                          一分钟以后,我们就坐上了一辆马车,急急忙忙地向布瑞克斯顿路驶去。
                          A minute later, we got into a carriage and hurried towards Brixton Road.


                          IP属地:天津13楼2023-09-09 13:56
                          回复
                            这是一个阴霾多雾的早晨,屋顶上笼罩着一层灰褐色的帷幔,恰似下面泥泞街道的反映。
                            It was a hazy and foggy morning, with a gray brown curtain covering the roof, resembling a reflection of the muddy streets below.
                            我同伴的兴致很高,喋喋不休地大谈意大利克里莫纳出产的提琴以及斯特莱迪瓦利①②提琴与阿玛蒂提琴之间的区别,而我却一言不发,静悄悄地③听着,因为沉闷的天气和这种令人伤感的任务使我的情绪非常消沉——
                            My companion's interest was high, and he chattered incessantly about the violin produced in Cremona, Italy, and the difference between the Stradivarius and the Amati violin, however, I remained silent and listened quietly, as the dull weather and this sad task made my emotions very low——
                            ①克里莫纳为意大利著名提琴产地。——译者注
                            ① Cremona is a famous viola producing area in Italy—— translator's note
                            ②斯特莱迪瓦利AntonioStradivari:克里莫纳地方的闻名世界的提琴制造家,死于年。——译者注
                            ② Antonio Stradivari: A world-renowned violist in the Crimona region who died in—— translator's note
                            ③—世纪时克里莫纳地方的阿玛蒂家族以制造上好提琴闻名于世。——译者注
                            ③ In the first century, the Amati family in the Crimona region was famous for producing high-quality violas—— translator's note


                            IP属地:天津14楼2023-09-09 16:11
                            回复
                              最后我终于打断了福尔摩斯在音乐方面的议论,我说:“你似乎不大考虑眼前的这件案子。”
                              Finally, I interrupted Holmes' discussion on music and said, ' you don't seem to be considering the case in front of you very much.'
                              他回答说:“还没有材料哪。
                              He replied, " there is no material yet.
                              没有掌握全部证据之前,先作出假设来,这是绝大的错误。
                              It is a great mistake to make assumptions before having all the evidence.
                              那样就会使判断产生气差。”
                              That would make the judgment flawed


                              IP属地:天津15楼2023-09-09 16:45
                              回复