英国古典文学吧 关注:479贴子:45,821

回复:血字的研究 一 歇洛克·福尔摩斯先生 英国 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

只看楼主收藏回复

我说:“看来这倒是一种非常精密的实验。”
I said, " it seems that this is a very precise experiment


IP属地:天津31楼2023-08-19 11:30
回复
    “妙极了! 简直妙极了!
    Amazing! It's just amazing!
    过去用愈创木液试验的方法,既难作又不准确。
    In the past, the method of testing with guaiacol was both difficult and inaccurate.
    用显微镜检验血球的方法也同样不好。
    The method of testing blood cells with a microscope was also not good.
    如果血迹已干了几个钟头以后,再用显微镜来检验就不起作用了。
    If the blood stains had dried for several hours, using a microscope to test them would not work.
    现在,不论血迹新旧,这种新试剂看来都一样会发生作用。
    Now, regardless of whether the blood stains were old or new, this new reagent seems to work.
    假如这个试验方法能早些发现,那么,现在世界上数以百计的逍遥法外的罪人早就受到法律的制裁了。”
    If this experimental method could be discovered earlier, then now there are hundreds of innocent people in the world Extralegal offenders have long been punished by the law


    IP属地:天津32楼2023-08-19 16:14
    回复
      我喃喃地说道:“确是这样!”
      I murmured, " that's true


      IP属地:天津33楼2023-08-19 16:59
      回复
        “许多刑事犯罪案件往往取决于这一点。
        Many criminal cases often depend on this.
        也许罪 行发生后几个月才能查出一个嫌疑犯。
        Perhaps a suspect can only be identified a few months after the crime has occurred.
        检查了他的衬衣或者其他衣物后,发现上面有褐色斑点。
        After inspecting his shirt or other clothing, it was found that there were brown spots on it.
        这些斑点究竟是血迹呢,还是泥迹,是铁锈还是果汁的痕迹呢,还是其他什么东西?
        Are these spots blood stains, mud stains, rust or traces of juice, or something else?
        这是一个使许多专家都感到为难的问题,可是为什么呢?
        This is a question that many experts find difficult, but why?
        就是因为没有可靠的检验方法。
        It's because there's no reliability Inspection method.
        现在,我们有了歇洛克·福尔摩斯检验法,以后就不会有任何困难了。”
        Now that we have the Sherlock Holmes test, we won't have any difficulties in the future


        IP属地:天津34楼2023-08-19 18:56
        回复
          他说话的时候,两眼显得炯炯有神。
          When he spoke, his eyes shone brightly.
          他把一只手按在胸前,鞠了一躬,好象是在对许多想象之中正在鼓掌的观众致谢似的。
          He placed one hand on his chest and made a bow, as if thanking many imagined audience members who were applauding.


          IP属地:天津35楼2023-08-19 19:43
          回复
            我看到他那兴奋的样子很觉惊破,我说:“我向你祝贺。”
            I was shocked to see his excited expression and said, "I congratulate you


            IP属地:天津36楼2023-08-19 20:17
            回复
              “去年在法兰克福地方发生过冯·彼少夫一案。
              Last year, there was the case of von Petherhoff in Frankfurt.
              如果当时就有这个检验方法的话,那么,他一定早就被绞死了。
              If this testing method had been in place, he would have been hanged long ago.
              此外还有布莱德弗地方的梅森;臭名昭著的摩勒;茂姆培利耶的洛菲沃以及新奥尔良的赛姆森。
              In addition, there were Mason in Bradford, the infamous Moler, Lofevo in Maumpellier, and Samson in New Orleans.
              我可以举出二十多个案件,在这些案件里,用这个方法都会起决定性的作用。”
              I can cite more than twenty cases, in which this method would have played a decisive role


              IP属地:天津37楼2023-08-19 20:41
              回复
                斯坦弗不禁大笑起来,他说:“你好象是犯 罪 案 件的活字典。
                Stanford couldn't help but laugh and said, " you seem like a walking dictionary of criminal cases.
                你真可以创办一份报纸,起名叫做警务新闻旧录报。”
                You could really start a newspaper called Police News Old Record


                IP属地:天津38楼2023-08-19 21:09
                回复
                  “读读这样的报纸一定很有趣味。”
                  Reading a newspaper like this must be very interesting. "
                  福尔摩斯一面把一小块橡皮膏贴在手指破口上,一面说,“我不得不小心一点,”他转过脸来对我笑了一笑,接着又说,“因为我常和毒起接触。”
                  Holmes said as he applied a small piece of ointment to the break in his finger," I have to be careful, "he turned around and smiled at me, then added," because I often come into contact with drugs. "
                  说着他就伸出手来给我看。
                  With that, he reached out his hand to show me.
                  只见他的手上几乎贴满了同样大小的橡皮膏,并且由于受到强酸的侵蚀,手也变了颜色。
                  I saw that his hands were almost covered with the same size of ointment, and due to the erosion of strong acid, his hands also changed color.


                  IP属地:天津39楼2023-08-19 22:05
                  回复
                    “我们到你这儿来有点事情,”斯坦弗说着就坐在一只三脚高凳上,并且用脚把另一只凳子向我这边推了一推,接着又说,“我这位朋友要找个住处,因为你正抱怨找不着人跟你合住,所以我想正好给你们两人介绍一下。”
                    We're here for something, "Stanford said, sitting on a three legged stool and pushing the other stool towards me with his foot, he then said," my friend is looking for a place to live because you're complaining about not being able to find someone to share with you, so I want to introduce you both


                    IP属地:天津40楼2023-08-20 10:10
                    回复
                      福尔摩斯听了要跟我合住,似乎感到很高兴,他说:“我看中了贝克街的一所公寓式的房子,对咱们两个人完全合适。
                      Holmes seemed pleased to hear that he was about to share a room with me, he said, "I have a crush on an apartment style house on Baker Street, which is perfect for both of us.
                      但愿您不讨厌强烈的烟草气味。”
                      I hope you don't dislike the strong smell of tobacco


                      IP属地:天津41楼2023-08-20 10:42
                      回复
                        我回答说:“我自己总是抽船牌烟的。”
                        I always smoke boat cigarettes myself, "I replied
                        “那好极了。
                        That's great.
                        我常常搞一些化学药品,偶尔也做做试验,你不讨厌吗?”
                        I often deal with chemicals and occasionally do experiments, don't you dislike it
                        “决不会。”
                        Never


                        IP属地:天津42楼2023-08-20 11:10
                        回复
                          “让我想想——我还有什么别的缺点呢?
                          Let me think - what other shortcomings do I have?
                          有时我心情不好,一连几天不开口;在这种情形下,您不要以为我是生气了,但听我自然,不久就会好的。
                          Sometimes I feel bad and don't speak up for several days, in this situation, don't think I'm angry, but listen to me naturally and I'll get better soon.
                          您也有什么缺点要说一说吗?
                          Do you have any shortcomings to share?
                          两个人在同住以前,最好能够彼此先了解了解对方的最大缺点。”
                          Before two people live together, it's best to understand each other's biggest shortcomings first


                          IP属地:天津43楼2023-08-20 11:24
                          回复
                            听到他这样追根问底,我不禁笑了起来。
                            I couldn't help but laugh when I heard him delving into the details like this.
                            我说:“我养了一条小虎头狗。
                            I said, "I have a little tiger headed dog.
                            我的神经受过刺激,最怕吵闹。
                            My nerves are stimulated and I'm afraid of noise the most.
                            每天不定什么时候起床,并且非常懒。
                            I don't know when to get up every day and I'm very lazy.
                            在我身体健壮的时候,我还有其他一些坏习惯,但是目前主要的缺点就是这些了。”
                            When I was strong, I had some other bad habits, but my main weakness at the moment is these


                            IP属地:天津44楼2023-08-20 11:54
                            回复
                              他又急切地问道:“您把拉提琴也算在吵闹范围以内吗?”
                              He urgently asked again, "do you include playing the violin in the noisy range ?"


                              IP属地:天津45楼2023-08-20 12:26
                              回复