呼啸山庄吧 关注:5,726贴子:47,902
  • 22回复贴,共1

【情人节特辑】无论我们的灵魂是用何种材质做成的

只看楼主收藏回复

我读过的对爱情最有美感和力度的描述,来自《呼啸山庄》,那些隽永的句子,我读过一遍又一遍
本帖将摘录《呼啸山庄》中关于爱情的经典片段,欢迎大家补充

IP属地:美国1楼2021-02-14 18:48回复
    He got on to the bed, and wrenched132 open the lattice, bursting, as he pulled at it, into an uncontrollable passion of tears. `Come in! come in!' he sobbed. `Cathy, do come. Oh do--once more! Oh! my heart's darling! hear me this time, Catherine, at last!' The spectre showed a spectre's ordinary caprice: it gave no sign of being; but the snow and wind whirled wildly through, even reaching my station, and blowing out the light.——chapter 3
    他上了床,扭开窗子,一边开窗,一边涌出压抑不住的热泪。“进来吧!进来吧!”他抽泣着。“凯蒂,来吧!啊,来呀——再来一次!啊!我的心爱的!这回听我的话吧,凯蒂,最后一次!”幽灵显示出幽灵素有的反复无常,它偏偏不来!只有风雪猛烈地急速吹过,甚至吹到我站的地方,而且吹灭了蜡烛。——第三章

IP属地:美国2楼2021-02-14 18:51
    回复
      It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now; so he shall never know how I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire.——chapter 9
      现在,嫁给希刺克厉夫就会降低我的身份,所以他永远也不会知道我多么爱他;那并不是因为他漂亮,耐莉,而是因为他比我更像我自己。不论我们的灵魂是什么做成的,他的和我的是一模一样的;而林惇的灵魂就如月光和闪电,或者霜和火,完全不同。”——第九章

IP属地:美国3楼2021-02-14 18:53
      回复
        `He quite deserted! we separated!' she exclaimed, with an accent of indignation. `Who is to separate us, pray? They'll meet the fate of Milo! Not as long as I live, Ellen: for no mortal creature. Every Linton on the face of the earth might melt into nothing, before I could consent to forsake Heathcliff. Oh, that's not what I intend--that's not what I mean! I shouldn't be Mrs Linton were such a price demanded! He'll be as much to me as he has been all his lifetime. Edgar must shake off his antipathy, and tolerate him, at least. He will, when he learns my true feelings towards him. Nelly, I see now, you think me a selfish wretch; but did it never strike you that if Heathcliff and I married, we should be beggars? whereas, if I marry Linton, I can aid Heathcliff to rise, and place him out of my brother's power.'——chapter 9
        “请问,谁把我们分开?他们要遭到米罗的命运!只要我还活着,艾伦——谁也不敢这么办。世上每一个林惇都可以化为乌有,我绝不能够答应放弃希刺克厉夫。啊,那可不是我打算的——那不是我的意思!要付这么一个代价,我可不作林惇夫人!将来他这一辈子,对于我,就和他现在对于我一样地珍贵。埃德加一定得消除对希刺克厉夫的反感,而且,至少要容忍他。当他知道了我对他的真实感情,他就会的。耐莉,现在我懂了,你以为我是个自私的**。可是,你难道从来没想到,如果希刺克厉夫和我结婚了,我们就得作乞丐吗?而如果我嫁给林惇,我就能帮助希刺克厉夫高升,并且把他安置在我哥哥无权过问的地位。”——第九章

IP属地:美国4楼2021-02-14 18:56
        收起回复
          I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of my creation, if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries81 in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated82, the universe would turn to a mighty83 stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage84 in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being. So don't talk of our separation again: it is impracticable; and---——chapter 9
          我不能说清楚,可是你和别人当然都了解,除了你之外,还有,或是应该有,另一个你的存在。如果我是完完全全都在这儿,那么创造我又有什么用处呢?在这个世界上,我的最大的悲痛就是希刺克厉夫的悲痛,而且我从一开始就注意并且互相感受到了。在我的生活中,他是我最强的思念。如果别的一切都毁灭了,而他还留下来,我就能继续活下去;如果别的一切都留下来,而他却给消灭了,这个世界对于我就将成为一个极陌生的地方。我不会像是它的一部分。我对林惇的爱像是树林中的叶子:我完全晓得,在冬天变化树木的时候,时光便会变化叶子。我对希刺克厉夫的爱恰似下面的恒久不变的岩石:虽然看起来它给你的愉快并不多,可是这点愉快却是必需的。耐莉,我就是希刺克厉夫!他永远永远地在我心里。他并不是作为一种乐趣,并不见得比我对我自己还更有趣些,却是作为我自己本身而存在。所以别再谈我们的分离了——那是做不到的;而且——

IP属地:美国5楼2021-02-14 19:00
          收起回复
            `Are you possessed with a devil,' he pursued savagely, `to talk in that manner to me when you are dying? Do you reflect that all those words will be branded on my memory, and eating deeper eternally after you have left me? You know you lie to say I have killed you: and, Catherine, you know that I could as soon forget you as my existence! Is it not sufficient for your infernal selfishness, that while you are at peace I shall writhe in the torments of hell?'
            `I shall not be at peace,' moaned Catherine, recalled to a sense of physical weakness by the violent, unequal throbbing of her heart, which beat visibly and audibly under this excess of agitation. She said nothing further till the paroxysm was over; then she continued, more kindly--
            `I'm not wishing you greater torment than I have, Heathcliff. I only wish us never to be parted: and should a word of mine distress you hereafter, think I feel the same distress underground, and for my own sake, forgive me! Come here and kneel down again! You never harmed me in your life. Nay, if you nurse anger, that will be worse to remember than my harsh words! Won't you come here again? Do!'——chapter 15
            “你是不是被鬼缠住了,”他凶暴地追问着,“在你要死的时候还这样跟我说话?你想没想到所有这些话都要烙在我的记忆里,而且在你丢下我之后,将要永远更深地啮食着我?你明知道你说的我害死你的话是说谎;而且,凯瑟琳,你知道我只要活着就不会忘掉你!当你得到安息的时候,我却要在地狱的折磨里受煎熬,这还不够使你那狠毒的自私心得到满足吗?”
            “我不会得到安息的,”凯瑟琳哀哭着,感到她身体的衰弱,因为在这场过度的激动下,她的心猛烈地、不规则地跳动着,甚至跳得能觉察出来。她说不出话来,直到这阵激动过去,才又接着说,稍微温和一些了。
            “我并不愿意你受的苦比我受的还大,希刺克厉夫。我只愿我们永远不分离:如果我有一句话使你今后难过,想想我在地下也感到一样的难过,看在我自己的份上,饶恕我吧!过来,再跪下去!你一生从来没有伤害过我。是啊,如果你生了气,那今后你想起你的气愤就要比想起我那些粗暴的话更难受!你不肯再过来吗?来呀!”
            ——第15章

IP属地:美国7楼2021-02-14 19:07
            回复
              `You teach me now how cruel you've been--cruel and false. Why did you despise me? Why did you betray your own heart, Cathy? I have not one word of comfort. You deserve this. You have killed yourself. Yes, you may kiss me, and cry; and ring out my kisses and tears: they'll blight you--they'll damn you. You loved me--then what right had you to leave me? What right--answer me--for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery61 and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart--you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine. So much the worse for me, that I am strong. Do I want to live? What kind of living will it be when you--oh, God! would you like to live with your soul in the grave?'
              `Let me alone. let me alone,' sobbed Catherine. `If I have done wrong, I'm dying for it. It is enough! You left me too: but I won't upbraid you! I forgive you. Forgive me!'——chapter 15
              “你现在才使我明白你曾经多么残酷——残酷又虚伪。你过去为什么瞧不起我呢?你为什么欺骗你自己的心呢,凯蒂?我没有一句安慰的话。这是你应得的。你害死了你自己。是的,你可以亲吻我,哭,又逼出我的吻和眼泪:我的吻和眼泪要摧残你——要诅咒你。你爱过我——那么你有什么权利离开我呢?有什么权利——回答我——对林惇存那种可怜的幻想?因为悲惨、耻辱和死亡,以及上帝或撒旦所能给的一切打击和痛苦都不能把我们分开,而你,却出于你自己的心意,这样作了。我没有弄碎你的心——是你弄碎了的;而在弄碎它的时候,你把我的心也弄碎了。因为我是强壮的,对于我就格外苦。我还要活吗?那将是什么样的生活,当你——啊,上帝!你愿意带着你的灵魂留在坟墓里吗?”
              “别管我吧,别管我吧,”凯瑟琳抽泣着。“如果我曾经作错了,我就要为此而死去的。够啦!你也丢弃过我的,可我并不要责备你!我饶恕你。饶恕我吧!”——第15章

IP属地:美国8楼2021-02-14 19:10
              回复
                'May she wake in torment!' he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. 'Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there—not in heaven—not perished—where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer—I repeat it till my tongue stiffens—Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!'——chapter 16
                “愿她在苦痛中醒来!”他带着可怕的激动喊着,跺着脚,由于一阵无法控制的激情发作而呻吟起来。“唉,她到死都是一个撒谎的人呀!她在哪儿?不在那里——不在天堂——没有毁灭——在哪儿?啊!你说过不管我的痛苦!我只要做一个祷告——我要重复地说,直到我的舌头僵硬——凯瑟琳·恩萧,只要在我还活着的时候;愿你也不得安息!你说我害了你——那么,缠着我吧!被害的人是缠着他的凶手的。我相信——我知道鬼魂是在人世间漫游的。那就永远跟着我——采取任何形式——把我逼疯吧!只要别把我撇在这个深渊里,这儿我找不到你!啊,上帝!真是没法说呀!没有我的生命,我不能活下去!没有我的灵魂,我不能活下去啊!”——第16章

IP属地:美国9楼2021-02-14 19:12
                回复
                  "…for what is not connected with her to me? and what does not recall her? I cannot look down to this floor, but her features are shaped in the flags! In every cloud, in every tree—filling the air at night, and caught by glimpses in every object by day—I am surrounded with her image! The most ordinary faces of men and women—my own features—mock me with a resemblance. The entire world is a dreadful collection of memoranda that she did exist, and that I have lost her!"——chapter 33
                  因为对于我来说,哪一样不是和她有联系的呢?哪一样不使我回忆起她来呢:我一低头看这间屋里的地面,就不能不看见她的面貌在石板中间出现!在每一朵云里,每一棵树上——在夜里充满在空中,在白天从每一件东西上都看得见——我是被她的形象围绕着!最平常的男人和女人的脸——连我自己的脸——都像她,都在嘲笑我。整个世界成了一个惊人的纪念品汇集,处处提醒着我她是存在过,而我已失去了她!——第33章

IP属地:美国10楼2021-02-14 19:22
                  回复
                    As they stepped on to the doorstones, and halted to take a last look at the moon--or, more correctly, at each other by her light——chapter 34
                    他们踏上门阶,停下来对着月亮看最后一眼——或者,更确切地说,借着月光彼此对看着——第34章

IP属地:美国11楼2021-02-14 19:22
                    回复
                      I sought, and soon discovered, the three headstones on the slope next the moor: the middle one grey, and half buried in the heath; Edgar Linton's only harmonised by the turf and moss creeping up its foot; Heathcliff's still bare.
                      I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.——chapter 34
                      我在靠旷野的斜坡上找那三块墓碑,不久就发现了:中间的一个是灰色的,一半埋在草里;埃德加-林惇的墓碑脚下才**皮青苔复盖;希刺克厉夫的确还是光秃秃的。
                      我在那温和的天空下面,在这三块墓碑前留连!望着飞蛾在石南丛和兰铃花中扑飞,听着柔风在草间吹动,我纳闷有谁能想象得出在那平静的土地下面的长眠者竟会有并不平静的睡眠。——第34章

IP属地:美国12楼2021-02-14 19:24
                      收起回复
                        英文和翻译来自英文小说网

IP属地:美国13楼2021-02-14 19:24
                        回复

IP属地:北京14楼2021-02-14 21:14
                          回复
                            当我同哈里顿坐在屋里的时候,仿佛我一走出去就会遇见她;当我在旷野散步的时候,仿佛我一回去就会遇见她。当我从家里出来时,我忙着回去;我肯定!她一定是在山庄的什么地方,而当我在她的屋子里睡觉时——我又非出来不可。我躺不住;因为我刚闭上眼,她要么就是在窗外,要么就溜进窗格,要么走进屋里来,要么甚至将她可爱的头靠在我的枕上,像她小时候那样。
                            ——第29章

IP属地:北京15楼2021-02-14 23:19
                            收起回复