Couldn't put it down.
    (简直停不下来啊)
    Literally.
    (真的)
    I neglected other duties for 36 hours
    (在过去的36个小时,我其他啥事都没干)
    . Excellent continuation of the story
    (很好的续集)
    . Again, fascinating view of drivers of species survival seen through a different cultural lens, somewhat alien to my Western background.
    (又一次从一个不同文化背景展示了生存驱动的牛逼观点)
    I did not expect it to follow the usual paths of English and USA scifi and it did not disappoint. Loved it.
    (没想过会按普通的美国科幻的路子走,果然没让我失望,大爱)
    Unfortunately the translation jarred at times. Luckily infrequently. But not enough for me to deduct a star.
    (就是翻译有时候让人不爽,还好这样的时候不是很多,不注意让我扣掉一星)

IP属地:江苏2楼2015-08-14 10:57
    收起回复
      第三部集体1星
          吃我“雷粒”啦ε==(づ′▽`)づ

IP属地:上海来自Android客户端3楼2015-08-14 10:58
      收起回复
        Aug 12, 2015Grey rated it 5 of 5 stars(五星)
        About 80% through this book (after the Battle of Darkness), I needed a nap desperately.
        (已经看了大概80%,刚看完黑暗战役,我真的要小睡一下了)
        In the nap, I dreamed extremely troubling dreams, filled with the feeling of despair and the knowledge that humanity would die.
        (睡梦中,梦魇不断,各种绝望和人类会灭亡的信息)
        待续

IP属地:江苏5楼2015-08-14 11:01
        收起回复
          Just felt like explaining the mood this book left me in for the most part: an overwhelming tension that every single human will perish, first in spirit, then in body. Thanks for that, Mr. Liu!
          (想解释下这本书给我带来的感觉:每个人都会死去,先是精神上,接着是肉体上消亡的那种令人窒息的绝望感。谢谢你,刘先生)
          TBC

IP属地:江苏6楼2015-08-14 11:05
          收起回复
            网址呢

IP属地:广东8楼2015-08-14 11:10
            收起回复
              Definitely a high concept work. I'm not going to walk away loving Luo Ji or Zhang Beihai or Da Shi especially. But the feelings of overwhelming despair seeing inevitable defeat, the weird thrilling methods of watching the Wallfacers work, the pall that the Battle of Darkness cast over everything... The ideas and feelings here are universal.
              (这本书绝壁是玩概念的那种。当我走开的时候我不会特别的去喜欢逻辑,北海或者大史。但那种预见到必然失败的压倒一切的绝望感,看着面壁者工作的奇怪的战栗感还有黑暗战役投射在整个故事上的感觉。。。这些点子和感觉是宇宙级的)。

IP属地:江苏10楼2015-08-14 11:18
              收起回复
                You can tell from the writing that it is a translation. In the cadence and rhythm of the narrative and dialogue, this is not how native English speakers think and talk. But knowing that, perhaps I gave it some slack unconsciously? I didn't notice any particular issues, anyway. It's coherent and I didn't feel lost along the way.
                翻译痕迹明显。。。(此处省去若干字)但是还好。

IP属地:江苏11楼2015-08-14 11:21
                收起回复
                  我在想外国人看到第三部因为爱毁掉宇宙会不会集体吐槽。

IP属地:广东13楼2015-08-14 11:28
                  收起回复
                    As I said before, the characters are not strongly drawn, not particularly memorable - they fill a function. The characters stand in for the ideas that are being presented along the way. I didn't find it a problem, as the concepts are strong enough that I'll be mulling them over for a long while anyway. For other readers, this may count as a failing.
                    (人设不强,推动剧情用。但是我无所谓,因为剧情牛啊。有人可能会不喜欢)

IP属地:江苏14楼2015-08-14 11:30
                    收起回复
                      看到第三部他会崩溃的。歪果仁:说好的爱拯救世界呢

IP属地:山西15楼2015-08-14 11:33
                      收起回复
                        The emotional arc of the lead Luo Ji is essentially that of the book's. First Luo Ji is a misantrope, selfishly living life cheerfully because one day we will die, uncaring of humanity's imminent destruction. Then he has a wife and a daughter, and through his love for them (or because of them, perhaps), then cares for the fate of the Earth.
                        逻辑这段没什么意思,不翻。
                        This book made me believe the darkness was real, and that there might not be hope after all. So the moment in the last, god, 5 or 10 pages, when the tone changed. I never thought they were going to go there. The dark forest is presented as something altogether larger, more terrifying and powerful than humanity. Than humanity could ever be.
                        这本书一度让我相信了黑森,死去了希望。所以在最后,我滴个亲娘啊,5到10页,画风变了。没想到啊没想到。黑森此时显示出了更宏大,更骇人和远远比人类更强大的一面。比人类能达到的最高度还高的一面。
                        So at the end... Ah, I'll quote it. Super extra spoilers, this is literally from the last page:
                        所以最后。。。啊,我引用下。超级剧透预警。
                        I only wish to discuss with you one possibility: Perhaps seeds of love are present in other places in the universe. We ought to encourage them to sprout and grow.
                        我只想和你讨论一种可能性:也许爱的种子正在宇宙的其他地方萌芽。也许我们应该鼓励他们抽条和生长。
                        "That's a goal worth taking risks for."
                        这个目标值得冒险一试。
                        Yes, we can take risks.
                        是的,我们可以冒险一试。
                        "I have a dream that one day brilliant sunlight will illuminate the dark forest."
                        我有一个梦,有一天明媚的阳光会照亮黑暗森林。
                        The sun was setting. Now only its tip was exposed beyond the distant mountains, as if the mountaintop was inset with a dazzling gemstone. Like the grass, the child running in the distance was bathed in the golden sunset.
                        The sun will set soon. Isn't your child afraid?
                        "Of course she's not afraid. She knows that the sun will rise again tomorrow."
                        (这几段大家都知道了,我就不翻了)
                        Do you ever just cry? Ah, me. In this single exchange at the end, my hope was restored, my mood lifted, and suddenly I began to believe perhaps despair is not more powerful than love. Even such a science fiction book focused so much on showing humanity succumbing to darkness in the end wants to hope in love.
                        你刚刚是不是哭了?啊?我。在这突然转变的结尾,我又充满了希望。意识到也许绝望不会比爱更有力量。即使是这样一本关注阴暗面一百年的科幻小说在结尾还是充满爱的希望。
                        Extremely happy to see that the English version of Death's End will be arriving in a mere five months!
                        我十分想在五分钟内见到赵忠祥,啊不,死神永生的英文版。

IP属地:江苏16楼2015-08-14 11:48
                        收起回复
                          有人发了,你火星了,的说
                             --说完,我就低下头,开始细细品味起来了。

IP属地:湖南来自Android客户端17楼2015-08-14 11:49
                          收起回复
                            终于翻完第二个书评了。

IP属地:江苏18楼2015-08-14 11:51
                            收起回复
                              楼主辛苦

IP属地:美国19楼2015-08-14 12:16