-Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun around here?
那你们平时都玩些什么?
-Sheldon: Well, today we tried masturbating for money.
今天我们刚试过靠自慰赚钱。
-Leonard: Okay, well, make yourself at home.
请随便些。
-Penny: Okay. Thank you.
谢谢。
-Leonard: You're very welcome.
不用客气。
-Penny: This looks like some serious stuff. Leonard, did you do this?
这看着像是很严肃的东西,是你们谁做的吗?
-Sheldon: Actually, that's my work.
事实上那是我的作品。
-Penny: Wow.
哇哦。
-Sheldon: Yeah. Well, it's just some quantum mechanics, with a little string theory doodling around the edges.
是的,只是一些量子力学。边上还乱画了一些弦理论。
That part there, that's just a joke.
这个部分,只是个笑话。
It's a spoof of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation.
是讽刺波恩-奥本海默近似值的。
-Penny: So you're like one of those beautiful mind genius guys.
那你就像是“美丽心灵”里那种天才喽?
-Sheldon: Yeah.
是。
-Penny: This is really impressive.
真是令人印象深刻。
-Leonard: I have a board. If you like boards, this is my board.
我也有个板子,你要是喜欢板子,这块是我的。
-Penny: Holy smokes!
我的天啊。
-Sheldon: If by "holy smokes" you mean a derivative restatement of the kind of stuff you can find scribbled on the wall of any men's room at MIT, sure.
她说“我的天啊”,她是说这些毫无独创性的理论重述在麻省任何一个房间的墙上都能看到。
-Leonard: What?
什么?
-Sheldon: Come on.
拜托。
Who hasn't seen this differential below "here I sit, broken-hearted"?
这微分谁没见过啊?我真是心碎。
-Leonard: At least I didn't have to invent 26 dimensions just to make the math come out.
至少我不用创造26个次元,就为了做个算术。
-Sheldon: I didn't invent them. They're there.
不是创造,是本来就存在的。
-Leonard: In what universe?
在什么范围啊
-Sheldon: In all of them. That is the point.
在所有的范围内。就是这样。
-Penny: Uh... do you guys mind if I start?
你们介意我开始吃吗?
-Sheldon: Um... Penny...that's where I sit.
那是我坐的地方。
-Penny: So, sit next to me.
你可以坐我旁边。
-Sheldon: No... I sit there.
不,我就是坐那儿的。
-Penny: What's the difference?
有什么不同吗?
-Sheldon: What's the difference?!
有什么不同?
-Leonard: Here we go.
又来了。
-Sheldon: In the winter, that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm, and yet not so close as to cause perspiration;
冬天的时候,这个地方离电暖器最近,很暖和,也不会很热到直流汗。
in the summer, it's directly in the path of a cross-breeze created by opening windows there, and there.
夏天的时候,这里又刚好可以吹过堂风,是来自这扇窗户和那扇的。
It faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation,